• Information and appropriate referrals
• Interpretation and translation for a nomilal fee
• Supportive, short-term counselling related to emotional, family, health and marital issues
• Counselling and assistance with integration and adjustment to life in a new country
• Form completion
• Advocacy with social, legal, health and pension systems
• Assistance with finding affordable housing and employment
• Assistance with access to government income support programs
• Information and guidance regarding elder care issues and linkages to home support services
During Ukrainian Christmas and Easter, volunteers, supported by staff, visit seniors in their homes, in long term care facilities and hospitals. Special visits are made during Ukrainian Christmas and Easter. This program helps to maintain community ties, and provides social contact and support to frail and isolated seniors.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION INITIATIVES
These include: seminars on a range of social issues; and access to Ukrainian language print and/or video materials about elder abuse, wife abuse, family violence, Alzheimer’s Disease.
INCOME TAX CLINIC
This service is offered to low-income individuals and families.
For more information, please call Ukrainian Canadian Social Services (Toronto) at 416-763-4982 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Social Services Program at Ukrainian Canadian Social Services (Toronto) aims to support individuals and families in need by directly providing culturally and linguistically sensitive services, and by facilitating access to other available community services and programs, for members of the Ukrainian ethno-cultural community.
SOCIAL SERVICE OFFICE
Counsellor in our Social Service Office assists people with diverse and multiple needs. Counsellor works with clients on an individual basis and support them in making changes in their lives to enhance quality of life.