Ukrainian Canadian Social Services (Toronto) Inc., hereafter referred to as UCSS (Toronto) Inc., understands the sensitivity with which your personal information should be handled. It is committed to safeguarding your privacy in order to earn and maintain your trust. UCSS (Toronto) Inc. will use its best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us is used only for the purposes set forth herein or as otherwise communicated to you at the time you provide us with personal information. Users can visit our website without revealing any personal information about themselves. At UCSS (Toronto) Inc., any personally identifiable information is collected from individuals voluntarily and knowingly.
APPLICATION AND/OR REGISTRATION
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
UCSS (Toronto) Inc. collects personal information from you in the following circumstances:
• In connection with an application for employment or as a volunteer, candidates are required to submit their education and work experience, personal references, name, address, phone and fax number, e-mail or other contact information, previous and current information related to volunteer work and their preference for the type of work for which they are interested in submitting their application;
• In connection with your request for information, direct provision of a range of social service assistance or assistance in directing you to an agency which can provide the health and social services most suited to your needs, UCSS (Toronto) Inc. will, on occasion, have to obtain your name, telephone number and possibly other contact particulars as well as information concerning the type of services required, in order to link (match) you with the resources and services most suited to your needs;
• UCSS (Toronto) Inc. collects data, such as names, addresses, postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc. to facilitate direct communication with members of the organization, to publicly recognize monetary and in-kind donations provided to the organization as well as volunteers in the organization, to publicly recognize lottery winners and to administer, according to CCRA directives, the issuance to donors of charitable income tax receipts.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• UCSS (Toronto) Inc. does not sell or share your personal information with third parties other than as noted above;
• UCSS (Toronto) Inc. does solicit, approach for donations and/or recruit for participation in other fund raising activities, those who have provided their personal information, unless they expressly requested that they not be contacted;
• In congruence with the Confidentiality Policy of UCSS (Toronto) Inc., your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties unless you authorize UCSS (Toronto) Inc. to share it or UCSS (Toronto) Inc. is required to do so by law.
REMOVAL OF OR CHANGES TO INFORMATION
UCSS (Toronto) Inc. allows you to change, correct or remove your personal information at any time. If, at any time, you wish to have your personal information removed from our database, if you wish to opt out of receiving any particular communication and/or if you wish to change and/or correct any information which you have previously provided to us, please contact us and we will make the necessary notation, removal, change and/or correction. Our contact particulars are set out below.
If you have questions about your personal information, please contact our privacy officer, Executive Director, at 416-763-4982 or by fax at 416-763-3997 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by Board of Directors, June 10, 2004
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES:
2. Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: we will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
3. Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that you understand how your information is used and disclosed by us. We will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, except as permitted or required by law.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information: we will limit the amount and type of information we collect from you. We will only collect information from you as necessary for the purposes that we have identified. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: we will only use or disclose your information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless you give us your consent to use or disclose it for another purpose. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose or use your information without your consent.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information: We will strive to keep your information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary. If you identify any errors in your information, please contact us and we will correct the errors.
7. Security Safeguards: we will protect your information with safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness Concerning Policies and Practices: we are open about the policies and practices that we employ to manage your information, and will provide you with information about these policies and practices in a manner that is easy to understand.
9. Access to Personal Information: upon request, we will advise you what information we have about you, what we are using it for, and to whom it has been disclosed or transferred for processing.
10. Challenging Compliance: we will act on any issues you may identify to us with respect to our compliance with this policy and/or our practices relating to the handling of your information. UCSS (Toronto) Inc. is aware that you have the right to complain to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if you are not satisfied that it has addressed your concerns.